Sunday, February 27, 2011

How to Kill Sin

March is almost here. It is so beautiful this time of year in Alaska. I LOVE IT!! The last couple of days have brought bright sunshine and the reflection off the snow is just wonderful. Our eyes are soaking up all the Vitamin D:)
Jeremy told me about a John Piper sermon he had listened to the other day and loved. So I found it and boy, is it good...and convicting. Mr. Piper loves Jesus and just says it like he finds it in the Bible. No sugar coating, but I like it best that way. I have listened to it twice now and I would like to listen at least one more time. Here is the link if you want to hear it as well. It is called "How to Kill Sin" Parts 1, 2, and 3. They are each 30 min long but well worth it. It usually takes me most of a day to hear 30 min. worth but thats okay, the interruptions are a blessing.
3 weeks till Peru! We are excited and scared and hopeful of what God has planned for us and for the sweet people we will get to meet and interact with. I got all my scrap fabric out today and separated it into color piles, greens, reds, blues, pinks... It is great to have all the remnants and then to know that when all the pieces are sewed back together they might bring a smile to some little girls face. Maybe in some small way, the gift will whisper the love of Jesus into her heart. I am praying over each piece and feeling SO blessed to have this opportunity.
The boys are also starting tomorrow to make friendship bracelets. We figured that would be a way to reach out to the older children.
So many people have had the boys come work in support of this trip. Two local men, bachelors no less, have given very generously, quite unexpected. We are incredibly humbled by the outpouring of God's love through these people around us.
Please pray for all our paperwork to come through this next week. There is another girl traveling with us as well that is having some issues getting all her paperwork in order and we really need God's intervention to get it all done in time. Thanks for joining us in this journey!!

No comments: