Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Let the bones that You have broken rejoice. Ps. 51:8


Right now I am feeling God moving me out of my comfort zone into areas that are challenging, full of unknown, frustrating at times. These hard places give me the gift of intimacy with God, of knowing Him in a way that I could never find Him in a life full of comforts and security. The greatest gift I can ever receive is the gift of losing my earthly security and comfort so that I can unwrap the intimacy of the Savior and His Heavenly Comfort. God - YHWH - the sound of breathing. He is my breath of life. When God moves me out of my comfort zone, this is a gift! Ann Voskamp says it much better than me over here: www.aholyexperience.com
The boys and I are memorizing Romans 5 and just got to the 3-5 which speaks of suffering producing endurance, endurance producing character, and character bringing about in us HOPE! Then it says that God has poured out His Love freely into our hearts through the Holy Spirit! Many times I live half-hearted, hopeless, and yet there is no reason for this. When I do this I am not living in the free gift that Christ has already given me. In Piper's sermon he spoke of the Word of God being the catalyst of living the full life of Christ today. I have to find the promises of God and claim them for today for my issues and when I claim them in faith God comes through! He is just allowing me, my free will, it is up to me, do I choose His way to life and freedom?

1 comment:

Susan CB said...

Gee, I thought all the choices we were to make were about which desert we wanted at dinner!! Guess I'm as foolish as the Galatians. "Happiness is a choice" is the title of a good counseling book, but the title says it all, we have a choice every second as to whether we are going to serve HIM or self. The sermons are great and they call us out to be thinking and choose for Jesus rather than self. Keep up the good decision making!!!!!