Tuesday, January 19, 2010

December 13: Our New Addition

We are so happy to say Warren Michael joined our family in December. I can't believe he is already over a month old! We spent the month of December with family in Soldotna. The older boys were able to take swimming lessons again and made some big improvements. I am pretty sure they swim better than me already! They were all surprised at Warren's arrival as we all felt pretty sure it was a girl:) He is just perfect for our family though and I am so glad for Noah to have a little brother to wrestle and play with. They will have so many good times growing up together, I am sure. Warren was 9 pounds at birth and 22 inches long. He arrived at 9:20 in the evening and then with the help of Aunt Jenny I was able to get a wonderful nap in before the real duties of a newborn began. She stayed up much of the night rocking and loving on him! I feel so blessed to have such amazing family around. Aunt Sherri and Lana arrived just after Warren was born and spent that night and the next day loving on him and all the other boys. We sure appreciated them coming so far.
The day after Christmas we began our journey back home, YEAH! We enjoyed our time in the city but my "bush boys" were ready to get back to life out here. Unfortuatly the snow had all melted due to a chinook before we came home so we haven't got to snowmachine yet. The lake is freezing over though and they have spent many hours down at the bay ice skating with their friends. Over the past two days we got quite a bit of snow and it is truely beautiful outside. The tempature has stayed right above zero for the most part and we are enjoying that, not too warm and not too cold.
I am trying to upload a few pictures but have been unsuccessful so far...I'll keep trying.

No comments: